04 Feb 2023 POSTPONED: Grand Finale of the Anambra “ArOY Health Campaign Schools Challenge” 2nd (2022/23) Edition
The OCI Foundation regrets to announce that the Grande Finale of the 2ND (2022/2023) EDITION of its “Anambra ArOY Health Campaign Schools Challenge (a.k.a. Anambra AHCSC)” scheduled by default to hold on February 4 of every year (the World Cancer Day), will no longer hold on this date. We expect this event to hold in the weeks or months to come, and a new date will be announced soon.
This shift is due to the uncertainties arising from the unavailability of cash across Nigeria, as well as the scarcity of petrol. These issues mean that the finalists to the competition, as well as their teachers, our staff, the media. and our esteemed guests, are at risk of missing out on this event as movements and other logistics cannot be properly planned.
It should be recalled that a total of FIVE Student-finalists have already emerged following the Semi-Finals of January 12, 2023. Those finalists were drawn from the 12 that won the zonal contests across the SIX Educational Zones of Anambra State (two from each Zone).
‘The zonal contests were completed in late 2022, with Onitsha and Otuocha zones holding theirs on November 3 and 17, 2022, while Awka, Ogidi, Aguata, Nnewi zones had their own competitions on October 11th, 13th, 20th and 25th, respectively.
The Finalists and their schools:
- Nnakenyi, Chisom: Maria Regina Model Comprehensive Secondary School, Nnewi
- Nwizugbe, Mmesoma: St John Bosco Secondary School, Unubi
- Ossai, Miracle: Community High School, Nsugbe
- Okoye, Chidimma: Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha
- Elochukwu, Chisimdi: Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha
The other 7 that made the semi finals, and their schools:
- Mbah, Rita: Capital City Sec School, Awka
- Onuike, Chioma: Community Secondary School, Umuokpu, Awka
- Ugwuowo, Chikwado: Community Secondary School, Akpo
- Ezeaku, Chioma: St Monica’s College, Ogbunike
- Okafor, Mmesoma Gloria: Girls’ Secondary School, Igboukwu
- Anekwe, Precious: Justice Chinwuba Memorial Secondary School Aguleri
- Onubi, Blessing: Anglican Girls’ Secondary School, Oba
The Anambra AHCSC is being staged in conjunction with the State’s Post Primary Schools Service Commission (PPSSC). The competition is designed to enhance engagements with the OCI Foundation’s “Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health Campaign”, which, in September 2019, introduced anti-breast and anti-cervical cancer teachings into the curriculum of all public senior secondary schools in Anambra State. Below is the list of finalists and semi-finalists.
Mnorom Simon TerzulumPosted at 16:50h, 05 February
Job well done, keep it up