Designation: Director, OCI Foundation’s Gynocular Cancer Project
Dr Chukwuanugo Ogbuagu (BSc, MBBS, MSc, PhD) is a Medical Practitioner attached to the OCI Foundation’s team in Anambra State of Nigeria, and is a Director of the Foundation’s Gynocular Project, a Digital CERVICAL CANCER Screening exercise that is part of the OCI Foundation’s Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health initiative in the fight against breast and cervical cancers.
Presently, Dr Anugo, as he is also called, is a Chief Medical Officer with the Department of Community Health, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria.
He obtained his primary medical degree (MBBS) from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU), Awka, Nigeria, and is a Specialist Public Health Parasitologist. He holds a certificate in Leadership Management and Health (the University of Washington, USA), and is also a trained Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) Advocacy Expert (UK). In addition to these, he is a WHO/TDR trained Implementation Researcher on Infectious Diseases of Poverty.
Dr Anugo has held local and national leadership and membership positions with multiple Nigerian-based institutions. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- The National President of Alzheimer’s Disease Association of Nigeria (ADAN), the ADAN is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization registered with the corporate affairs commission in Nigeria;
- Member, National Technical Working Committee on National Social Protection Policy Draft;
- Volunteer-per-excellence, and an active player in advocacy and awareness creation for people living with Dementia in Nigeria;
- An EDCTP scholarship recipient at the ninth forum in Lisbon Portugal, (2018);
- Current Secretary of Clinical and Implementation Research Network Nigeria (CIRNN), a consortium of WHO-TDR/EDCTP Senior Research Fellows.
This dependable and resourceful gentleman has more than 20 years experience as a researcher on Infectious Diseases of Poverty (IDP). He is a seasoned researcher, a husband, and a father.
Since joining the OCI Foundation in 2020, Dr Ogbuagu has been very instrumental in advancing the Foundation’s Health Promotion initiatives, and anchored the anti-cancer lectures at the “2020 Bar Week” in Onitisha (Nigeria). This saw him address members of the Onitsha Branch of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Anambra State, Nigeria (see video below).