NOTE: Kindly note that there are 3 ways to complete all the lessons and modules of this Course. All 3 options contain identical information, and one of the three can be used to get the same result. Kindly note that, whichever option is chosen, all the quizzes must be attempted and passed before a certificate can be obtained. These options are:
- ONLINE VIDEO OPTION: Watch the video below;
- OFFLINE PDF (DOWNLOADABLE) OPTION: Download the attached PDF, read the material offline. This option allows the data requirements to be minimized, and may be the most cost-effective option for those in Nigeria and other developing countries;
- ONLINE LESSON TEXT: Read all sections of the texts for this Curriculum, and go on to answer the associated quizzes.
OPTION 1: ONLINE VIDEO
OPTION 2: OFFLINE PDF
Click HERE to Download the PDF of this lesson.
OPTION 3: ONLINE LESSON TEXT
The OCI Foundation’s Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health campaign primarily aims to introduce anti-breast and anti-cervical cancer teachings into the curriculum of all senior secondary schools in Nigeria, using novel, evidence-based measures that are realistic, cost-effective, effective, wide-reaching, culturally acceptable, and sustainable.
Through the OCI Foundation’s partnership with Nigeria’s National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), as well as the Nigerian Cancer Council (NCS), the OCI Foundation hopes to include the principles of the ArOY Health Campaign into the regular orientation activities of the NYSC scheme across all of Nigeria’s 36 states and the FCT.
This Course enables selected NYSC staff in all of Nigeria’s 36 states (and the FCT) to undergo a training that will allow them to anchor the sensitization of the corps members posted to their respective states. Such anchoring does not necessarily require these NYSC staff to teach the corpers. Rather, it equips these NYSC staff with the tools to easily sensitize the corp members, and draw their attention to the ArOY Campaign principles, its benefits to themselves, and the existence of the OCI CerviBreast App on Apple and Android devices.
This Course is 100% free to all NYSC Staff. While a minimum of 2 NYSC staff is expected to undertake it from each State (and the FCT), any other staff can join freely from any State. These trained staff will anchor the program for each State during the NYSC orientations
Course can be completed at participant’s convenience. Once started, it has to be completed within 30 days. However, it can be finished earlier, depending on the participants, and can take less than 4 hours if done at a stretch. The participants can log in and out at their own convenience. Completed lessons, quizzes and modules are automatically saved for participant.
Any smart mobile phone with internet access, or computer, can be used. The Course and its lessons can be assessed as:
- PDF: Download and read offline, then return to complete the quizzes (this saves internet data)
- Recorded videos
- Embedded text
The curriculum of this Course has been developed through the inputs of experts within and outside the OCI Foundation. It is designed to be easy, engaging, effective and sustainable. There are also provisions for feedback from the participants in this Course, as the OCI Foundation is constantly seeking to improve.
On the completion of this Course an automated but personalised certificate will be issued at no cost to the NYSC staff participant. All the three modules and their accompanying quizzes must be completed for the certificate to be issued. A minimum pass score must also be obtained for the FINAL QUIZ
There are also provisions for feedback from the participants in this Course, as the OCI Foundation is constantly seeking to improve.
Multiple benefits exist for the corps members themselves, particularly, if they undergo trainings on the other courses being offered by the OCI Foundation (see the CerviBreast App). These benefits are included in Module 1 of this course, but a summary includes:
- Personal Health Gains, for the corps members and their families or friends;
- Financial Gains;
- Prepares corps members to join the wider ArOY Campaign program in schools
- Gives corps members options for Community Development projects
- Improves the employability prospects of corps members
- Improves the chances of foreign recognitions
- Brightens the chances of corps members that may want to join the OCI Foundation.
For the records, the OCI Foundation is an international (Australian and Nigerian-registered) not-for-profit organisation that was formally established to promote and advance health, promote education, and promote social and public welfare. The ArOY Campaign is its flagship health initiative that was designed with the help of the Harvard Medical School (USA), and has the support of the World Health Organisation Country Office in Nigeria. Experts from the Griffith University (Australia), the University of British Columbia and Saskatchewan (both in Canada) and the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Nigeria), are all part of this project.
This Course can be completed within 3 straight hours. However, to make it easy for the NYSC participants, the portal will be open for 1 month after enrollment. As such, every participant has up to 1 month to complete the course, once he/she enrols. One can log in and out within this one month, and the modules and quizzes can be undertaken at any time, place or environment that suits the participant. It is designed to be easy.
To complete this Course, there are only 3 Modules, and an Overall Quiz. Each Module has several lessons, along with accompanying videos and quizzes. At the end of all the 3 modules, is the OVERALL FINAL QUIZ.
Click on the links below to access the respective modules.
MODULES FOR THE ONLINE NYSC COURSE
- MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION, BENEFITS AND STEPS/STRATEGIES FOR DELIVERING THE SENSITIZATION TO CORPS MEMBERS BY THE TRAINED NYSC STAFF
- MODULE 2: TALKS ON CERVICAL AND BREAST CANCERS
- MODULE 3: THE CERVIBREAST APP
- FINAL QUIZ: COMPULSORY BEFORE RECEIVING CERTIFICATE
For a feedback on any aspect of this module, course, or quiz, please click HERE to complete a form.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION, BENEFITS AND STEPS/STRATEGIES FOR DELIVERING THE SENSITIZATION TO CORPS MEMBERS BY THE TRAINED NYSC STAFF
- MODULE IA: Introduction
- Quiz 1A: Introduction
- MODULE 1B: Benefits of the ArOY Health Campaign to the corps members
- Quiz 1B: Benefits of the ArOY Campaign to Corps Members
- MODULE 1C: Steps/Strategies for delivering ArOY Health Campaign talks at the NYSC Orientation Camps
- Quiz 1C: Strategies for ArOY Campaign delivery to corps members
MODULE 2: TALKS ON CERVICAL AND BREAST CANCERS
MODULE 3: THE OCI CERVIBREAST MOBILE PHONE APPLICATION
FINAL QUIZ (Compulsory before receiving certificate)
A certificate will be issued once a score of 80% or more is achieved in this quiz, and all the sections above have been completed. Please use the "next" button to move to the next question when one is completed, and do not click on the question numbers.