Designation: Director of Medical Activities, OCI Foundation’s Advocacy Team, Abuja, Nigeria
Dr Ramatu Umar IBRAHIM is a medical practitioner attached to the OCI Foundation’s Advocacy Team in Abuja, Nigeria., and is the Foundation’s Director of Medical Activities. She obtained her Primary Medical degree (MBBS) from the Usman Danfodio University (USU), Sokoto, Nigeria.
Presently, she is a Principal Medical Officer/Senior Registrar in the Department of Family Medicine, Kubwa General Hospital, Health and Human Services Secretariat Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria.
Dr Ramatu’s humanitarian tendencies goes beyond her involvement in the OCI Foundation, as she uses her medical skills to serve her community at the opportunity presents itself. During the COVID-19 pandemic, she worked as frontliner in one of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) Isolation and Treatment Centres in Abuja, Nigeria.
She has also held various positions in medical-related associations, including the following:
- PRO, Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Jalingo, Taraba State, Nigeria (2007/2008);
- Vice President, Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), FCT, Abuja Chapter (2014);
- Member, Committee on Electoral Activities, NMA, FCT Chapter (2018/2019);
- Member, Committee on Welfare, NMA, FCT Chapter (2019/2020);
- Member, Corporate Social Responsibility, NMA, FCT Chapter (2019/2020);
- Member, Advocacy and Media Committee, Society of Family Physicians of Nigeria (SOFPON), FCT/Keffi Chapter (2019);
- Member, Medical Women Association of Nigeria (MWAN), FCT Chapter;
- Member, Islamic Medical Association of Nigeria (IMAN), FCT Chapter.
The OCI Foundation considers itself extremely blessed to have this intelligent, dedicated, resourceful and reliable medical practitioner in its fold.