04 Jan 2021 “Passionate Nigerian Leaders”: Gambari, Zulum, Ifediora, others, make the 2020 Sweet Home Africa Award List.
The OCI Foundation’s President, Associate Professor Chris Ifediora, has been listed as one of the 6 passionate Nigerian leaders in 2020. This is as published by the “Sweet Home Magazine”, a regular publication of the Sweet Home Africa Humanitarian Foundation (SHAHF), an NGO established in 2006 to empower Nigerians at home and in diaspora. A hard copy of the magazine, which is not for sale, is available across Nigeria, and can be obtained by reaching out directly to the SHAHF or their associates.
The SHAHF is a non-political, non-profit humanitarian organization founded by Rev Dr Austin Epunam, an Ambassador of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission (NCPC). Epunam is also a pioneer member of the State House Chapel Abuja, Nigeria. Both the NCPC and the State House Chapel are directly under the Nigerian Presidency, Aso Rock Villa, Abuja, Nigeria. Reverend Epunam is also a National Champion of the OCI Foundation.
Those included in the list are 6 prominent Nigerians, including current and former governors, a leading pharmaceutical giant, and the current Chief of Staff to the Nigerian President. They are:
- His Excellency, Governor Benedict Ayade, the Executive Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria (since May 2015);
- His Excellency, Governor Babagana Zulum, the Executive Governor of Borno State, Nigeria (since May 2019);
- His Excellency, Governor Peter Obi, a former Governor of Anambra State of Nigeria (June 2007 to March 2014) and a one-time Vice Presidential Candidate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (2019);
- Dr Stella Okoli (MON, OON), the CEO of Emzor Pharmaceuticals Nigeria, a leading indigenous pharmaceutical company;
- Prof Ibrahim Gambari, the current Chief of Staff to the President of Nigeria (His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari), and a former Under Secretary-General of the United Nationsfor Political Affairs;
- A/Prof. Chris Ifediora, the Founder and President of the OCI Foundation, an international NGO at the forefront of anti-cancer fights across the whole of Nigeria. His profile can be watched in the video below.