13 Jan 2023 Finalists Emerge (Story, Pics, Video): Semi Finals of the 2nd Edition of Anambra State “ArOY Health Campaign Schools Challenge” (Quiz Day 7; 12/01/23)
Thursday, January 12, 2022: the Semi-Finals of the 2ND (2022/2023) EDITION of the OCI Foundation’s “Anambra ArOY Health Campaign Schools Challenge (a.k.a. Anambra AHCSC)” has held successfully at the Community Secondary School, Umuokpu-Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria.
A total of Twelve students who emerged winners at the zonal contests in the SIX Educational Zones of Anambra State (two from each Zone) were in involved in the contest. The zonal contests were completed in late 2022, with Onitsha and Otuocha zones holding their’s on November 3 and 17, 2022, while Awka, Ogidi, Aguata, Nnewi zones had their own competitions on October 11th, 13th, 20th and 25th, respectively.
Each zonal contest sees two winners emerge. As such, a total of 12 winners are expected ahead of the Semi Final, which will be followed by the Grande Finale on February 4, 2023.
The Top 5 (Moves to the Finals scheduled for Feb 4, 2023) and their schools:
- Nnakenyi, Chisom: Maria Regina Model Comprehensive Secondary School, Nnewi
- Nwizugbe, Mmesoma: St John Bosco Secondary School, Unubi
- Ossai, Miracle: Community High School, Nsugbe
- Okoye, Chidimma: Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha
- Elochukwu, Chisimdi: Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha
The other 7 Semi Finalists (drops out) and their schools:
- Mbah, Rita: Capital City Sec School, Awka
- Onuike, Chioma: Community Secondary School, Umuokpu, Awka
- Ugwuowo, Chikwado: Community Secondary School, Akpo
- Ezeaku, Chioma: St Monica’s College, Ogbunike
- Okafor, Mmesoma Gloria: Girls’ Secondary School, Igboukwu
- Anekwe, Precious: Justice Chinwuba Memorial Secondary School Aguleri
- Onubi, Blessing: Anglican Girls’ Secondary School, Oba
Views from the Exercise...
The Anambra AHCSC is being staged in conjunction with the State’s Post Primary Schools Service Commission (PPSSC). The competition is designed to enhance engagements with the OCI Foundation’s “Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health Campaign”, which, in September 2019, introduced anti-breast and anti-cervical cancer teachings into the curriculum of all public senior secondary schools in Anambra State.
The Grand Finale will hold on February the 4th, 2023 in Awka, the capital city of Anambra State, Nigeria. February 4th of every year is “Global World Cancer Day”, and the AHCSC Finals and Award Ceremony are designed to coincide with that date on a yearly basis.