08 Oct All About the “OCI CerviBreast Mobile Phone Application”: Freely available for Everyone on Apple and Android devices.
- To download from the Apple (IOS) Store, click , or just type “Cervibreast” on the App Store;
- To download from the Android (Google) Play Store, click , or just type “Cervibreast” on the App Store;
- It is for both males and females. However, it allows users to choose their gender, and automatically streamlines the set-up depending on one’s gender;
- Designed to send personalized monthly reminders for the practice of BSEs. It allows female users to set these reminders using information about their menstrual cycles. This is about the only App in the world with this feature;
- Designed to send 2-yearly personalized monthly reminders for cervical cancer screening. It allows female users to set these reminders using information about their screening history. Again, this is about the only App in the world with this feature;
- Allows users to locate service-providers on breast and cervical cancers in Nigeria. Anyone, anywhere, can search for, and locate close-by service providers. Provider details like Name, Address(es), Phone number(s) and Discounts, can be found. The App also generates codes unique to the service providers (this allows discounts).
- When the Gynocular Project becomes fully functional, the App will allow users to book subsidised cervical cancer screening in OCI Foundation centres within Nigeria.
- The App allows access to all ArOY Online Training Courses for the Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health Campaign, including training for the Teachers, the NYSC, and Monitors.
- It also provides access for Staff and Corps Members of Nigeria’s National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on multiple things like Staff Training, Raffle Giveaways, Quick Quizzes
- Through the App, one can listen directly to the OCI Foundation’s President. There are videos from his present and past speeches.
- Nigeria’s Nollywood stars are involved;
- The CerviBreast App became freely available on the Android Play Store from early September 2019, and on the Apple Store from mid-May, 2020;
- The App is freely available to tens of millions of people across Nigeria and the world over;
- It allows Flexible Login options, as the creation of a new login account is not compulsory. One can log in with an existing social media account (Facebook or Google);
- The App is for every adult Nigerian, not just for females in senior secondary (high) schools;
- The App contains videos of the step-by-step techniques in the correct practice Breast Self-examinations (BSE);
- OCI Sponsors and partners can choose to have their messages on the App, and reach millions through it.
The Foundation's President Promotes the App
Video: Details of the App
Interfaces from the”CerviBreast” Mobile Phone Application
An OCI Foundation-owned video was produced by established producers and movie stars in Nollywood (Nigeria’s own movie industry and the third biggest movie industry in the world), so as to give the teachings contained in the App a Nigerian Content. Among the stars featuring on the short video is the London-born Ebelle Okaro Onyiuke, a Nollywood veteran and well-respected actress, who has nearly half a million followers on her Instagram Page. Below are vidoes from the production.
The video was directed by Young-G Obi, a young, talented and vibrant movie editor, screen writer, director and actor who can be found through his Facebook and Instagram social media handles. Some scenes for this video were shot in Asaba, Nigeria, on Monday, August the 5th, 2019, and below are a few images from the recording.
With the network already established by the OCI Foundation, it is expected that the App will be downloaded by millions of Nigerian men and women, as the ArOY Health Campaign begins to spread around the Country. We have networks with top Nollywood stars, the Anambra State Government of Nigeria, the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria, the Griffith University, Australia, and the Harvard medical School, USA. In the months to come, we also expect to have a Nigerian national reach, with support from the highest levels of Nigerian Government expected in due course.
And yes, there are partnership opportunities. The App has multiple provisions for goodwill messages from potential sponsors and partners. With the wide reach of the App, your business can reach millions of Nigerians monthly.
Contact the OCI Foundation right now to discuss the opportunities, and how you or your company can be part of this life-changing, once-in-a-generation health innovation. Reach us HERE. You can also follow the Foundation on FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and YOUTUBE.