06 Feb 2022 “OCI Foundation’s CerviBreast App”: Rita Ekpei of the Nigeria Cancer Society (NCS) Speaks During the 2022 World Cancer Day (Imo State, Nigeria)
Posted at 06:22h in Announcements, Blog, Videos 0 Comments
Rita of the Nigerian Cancer Society (NCS) speaks on the CerviBreast App
Key Points of the CerviBreast App
- To download from the Apple (IOS) Store, click , or just type “Cervibreast” on the App Store;
- To download from the Android (Google) Play Store, click , or just type “Cervibreast” on the App Store;
- It is for both males and females. However, it allows users to choose their gender, and automatically streamlines the set-up depending on one’s gender;
- Designed to send personalized monthly reminders for the practice of BSEs. It allows female users to set these reminders using information about their menstrual cycles. This is about the only App in the world with this feature;
- Designed to send 2-yearly personalized monthly reminders for cervical cancer screening. It allows female users to set these reminders using information about their screening history. Again, this is about the only App in the world with this feature;
- Allows users to locate service-providers on breast and cervical cancers in Nigeria. Anyone, anywhere, can search for, and locate close-by service providers. Provider details like Name, Address(es), Phone number(s) and Discounts, can be found. The App also generates codes unique to the service providers (this allows discounts).
- When the Gynocular Project becomes fully functional, the App will allow users to book subsidised cervical cancer screening in OCI Foundation centres within Nigeria.
- The App allows access to all ArOY Online Training Courses for the Arm Our Youths (ArOY) Health Campaign, including training for the Teachers, the NYSC, and Monitors.
- It also provides access for Staff and Corps Members of Nigeria’s National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on multiple things like Staff Training, Raffle Giveaways, Quick Quizzes
- Through the App, one can listen directly to the OCI Foundation’s President. There are videos from his present and past speeches.
- Nigeria’s Nollywood stars are involved;
- The CerviBreast App became freely available on the Android Play Store from early September 2019, and on the Apple Store from mid-May, 2020;
- The App is freely available to tens of millions of people across Nigeria and the world over;
- It allows Flexible Login options, as the creation of a new login account is not compulsory. One can log in with an existing social media account (Facebook or Google);
- The App is for every adult Nigerian, not just for females in senior secondary (high) schools;
- The App contains videos of the step-by-step techniques in the correct practice Breast Self-examinations (BSE);
- OCI Sponsors and partners can choose to have their messages on the App, and reach millions through it.
Quiz Day 4 of 6 (Full Story, Pics, Video): Onitsha Zone (Fourth of Six in Anambra State of Nigeria) ...
Youths and Sustainable Peace: OCI Foundation's President addresses Global Youths under YAPJEN; Tasks...
Birthday Celebration (Video/Pics): Dominica Ezeanyagu, CEO of DomyChris Care Foundation and OCI Foun...
CHRONICLES (Day 11b of 14; 2/2/22; Pics/Video) of NYSC ArOY Flag-Off: Australia's Ubuntu Tokens Supp...
Story, Pics and Video: Tech Guru and OCI Foundation's associate, Humber Osofisan, honored by the Swe...