03 Sep Press Release: Health Empowerment Symposium for young women Otuocha Zone of Anambra State, Nigeria
The OCI Foundation, in partnership with the Foundation for Health and Development (FHDN),
A one-day Health Symposium and Health-Empowerment Campaign.
Breast Self Examination (BSE) and the creation of awareness for the prevention of breast and cervical cancers among young women.
Female Senior Secondary School 3 (SSS 3) students in all State Government-owned Secondary Schools in the Otuocha Educational Zone, Anambra State, Nigeria.
– 432 students!
– 26 schools!
– Dozens of female secondary school principals and teachers!
– 3 Local Government Areas (Anambra East, Anambra West and Ayamelum)!
– One of the six Educational Zones in Anambra State, Nigeria!!!
Thursday, the 28th day of September, 2017.
Stella Maris College, Umueri, Anambra State, Nigeria.
11am to 1pm
– Talks on Breast Self-Examination (BSE) and the preventive strategies against Breast and Cervical Cancers in young women;
– Video Demonstrations on BSE;
– Handing out of Information Factsheets on BSE as well as the preventive strategies against Breast and Cervical Cancers;
– Light refreshments.
(1) Her Excellency, Wife of the Executive Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria;
(2) The Honourable Commissioner for Health, Anambra State, Nigeria;
(3) The Honourable Commissioner for Education, Anambra State, Nigeria;
(4) The Honourable Commissioner for Women Affairs, Anambra State, Nigeria;
(5) The Chairman, Post Primary Schools Service Commission (PPSSC), Anambra State, Nigeria.
The OCI Foundation believes that ‘knowledge is power’, and that ‘health is wealth’!!!
– You too can be part of this epic health event designed to save lives and empower our women;
– The cumulative impact will positively affect generations of women;
– Participate either as a guest or a volunteer;
– Indicate your interest by completing the form HERE.