19 Sep 2023 VIDEO: Asia-Pacific (APAC) TV Network interviews Dr Chris Ifediora (OCI Foundation’s President) on research that led to the new anti-cancer law in Nigeria (Aug/Sept 2023)
EDUCATION AS A FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE AGAINST CANCER
This new law was passed in its totality by the 9th Nigerian National Assembly. It is now awaiting the country’s presidential signature before it is implemented across Nigeria.
The Bill was sponsored by Hon Dr. Tanko Sununu (former House Committee Chairman on Healthcare Services and now the Hon. Minister of State for Education) and Hon. Prof. Julius Ihonvbere (former House Committee Chairman of Basic Education and now the Majority Leader in the 10th Nigerian House of Representatives).
The Bill, informed by academic research from the OCI Foundation, owes its success to the support from the following people and organisations:
- The immediate past Nigerian First Lady (Dr Aisha Buhari) and her NGO (the Future Assured Foundation).
- Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Patric Uba, a 2-time Senator representing the Anambra South Senatorial District in the Nigerian Senate.
- The Nigerian Cancer Society (NCS) and its amiable President, Dr Alhassan Adamu Umar.
- The Nigerian First Ladies Against Cancer (FLAC), led by the immediate past First Lady of Kebbi State and Founder of the Medicaid Foundation, Dr. Zainab Shinkafi Bagudu.
- Chief Femi Adesina, the former Senior Special Media Assistant to the immediate past Nigerian President, HE, Muhammdu Buhari.
- Mrs Ebelle Okaro-Onyiuke and Young G Obi, both of the Nollywood movie industry.
- The Sweet Home Africa Humanitarian Foundation (SHAHF), led by its Founder, Rev. Dr. Austin Epunam (also the OCI Foundation’s National Champion).
- The OCI Foundation’s President, Mrs Nkem Ifediora.
- The OCI Foundation’s National Assembly Liaison team that includes Barristers Vivian Obinwa, Dele Ahamisi, and Dr Ndaeyo Iwot, among others.
- Prof Charles Esimone, the Vice Chancellor of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, and the entire management of the institution.
- Prof Kate Omenugha, the immediate past Commissioner for Basic Education, Anambra State, Nigeria.
- Dr Joe Akabuike, the former Commissioner for Health, Anambra State, Nigeria.
- The Board and leadership of the Post Primary Schools Service Commission (PPSSC), Anambra State, Nigeria
- The Amity Global and its Founder, Mr Alex Nwankwo (Alex Reports).
- The Federation of International Women’s Association (FIDA), Abuja and Nigeria.
- The Regamos Foundation (led by Mrs. Regina Inem) and secondary schools in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The OCI Foundation’s Abuja team led by Mr. Sam Agwa, and includes Mrs. Sandra Udeike, Mr Luter Ikyobo, Ms. Dagu, Mrs. Ebele Udechukwu, Mr. Ifeanyi Anueyiagu, Dr. Fatima Anga Inusa, Alh (Dr) Abdullahi Rufai, and many others.
- Lady Joy Ulasi and Dr Chioma Ezenyimulu, the OCI Foundation champions in Anambra State
- Mrs Imelda Emeka, Mrs Sabina Ndigwe, Mrs Eucharia Illika, and all the other Anambra Team of the OCI Foundation (too numerous to mention), where this all started (particularly at the Otuocha Educational Zone).
- Dr Njide Ezeonyejiaku and the entire staff and management of the Anambra Broadcasting Service, ABS, Awka, Nigeria.
- Mrs Roseline Anijekwu, the Founder and CEO of Caverra World, Lagos, Nigeria.
- The team of researchers, who, alongside the OCI Foundation’s President (Dr Chris Ifediora), were behind this great work. They include Professors Lennert Veerman, Williams Obiozor, and Uche Ekwochi, as well as Dr. Emmanuel Azuike.
- All the staff of the Nigerian National Assembly that worked tirelessly to make this happen.
- The staff of Nigeria’s Federal Ministries of Education, Health, and Women Affairs.
- The Director Generals and staff of the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) and the National Orientation Agency (NOA), as well as the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA).
- All the teachers and schools under the Post Primary Schools Service Commission across the six educational zones of Anambra State, Nigeria.
- Plus many others who played key roles in making this whole exercise successful. Kindly forgive us if we fail to mention all the names here. We deeply appreciate it all.
Original source of this interview from the APAC Network is available here: https://apacnetwork.com/…/education-as-a-first-line-of…/
ADMIN, OCI FOUNDATION